top of page

3 months until seeding, 1 month until Ag Drone School

Seeding is still a couple of months away, so that leaves you time to prepare to use a drone as a tool on your farm. We've created our Ag Drone School specifically for farmers and agronomists, to answer two big questions:

  1. How does imagery from a drone help my farm?

  2. How do I fly a drone safely & legally?

This spring, we will have a team of eight instructors that will hit the road to answer those questions for you. In addition to the prairie provinces, we will also have two schools in BC and Ontario this spring. Bringing the school to smaller agricultural communities means less travel cost for you -- and more focus on real agricultural uses!

Every delivery of the Landview Ag Drone School will include practical instruction on flying Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS or just "drones"), so complete beginners are most welcome to attend. In addition, the course includes all of the knowledge requirements for Small Basic Operations under Transport Canada's new regulatory requirements, which came into effect on June 1, 2019. All operators of drones heavier 250 grams or heavier will need a Pilot's Certificate and register the drone to operate legally -- regardless of whether you are flying for fun or work.

Ultimately, the drone is there to make you money or save you money, and our team will present you with realistic information on how to use them on your farm.

Two full days of instruction for only $590

The Ground School will be delivered by two instructors at every location. Our expert instructors not only understand the rules, but they have in-field experience in getting the most out of a drone through mapping.

The course will include hands-on instruction on how to fly a drone, as well as information on the legal requirements for commercial flight. Registration fees include a small toy training drone (a DJI Tello) for you to take home after the course. Lunches are also included both days.

Transport Canada administers an online test as part of the new legal requirements. If you are so inclined, you can take that test before leaving the school - if you pass, you will have your Pilot's Certificate for Basic Operations once you leave the school. We will even laminate the certificate for you so that your kit will be ready for the season. Two days would not be enough to cover the Advanced requirements - we recommend those only for those needing to fly in uncontrolled airspace, near airports, or several other complex scenarios. Not sure what your category of operations would be: find your category.

Questions? Contact Markus Weber to get full details.


Featured Posts
bottom of page